Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Truth of the Matter....

I have tried blogging several times in the past.  I totally fail.  I do it for about a week and then I just quit.  No reason, just up and quit.  Well, the other day I was talking to one of my besties on the phone and she divulged to me that she had been blogging anonymously for the past few months and she is hooked.  She told me that I should totally give it a try, not knowing about my past failures.  She said, and I quote, "You have so many stories to tell and things to get out.  Just do it."  

I have thought about her advice for a few days.  She is actually right.  I have a lot of stories to tell and a lot of feelings to deal with, but the truth of the matter is, a lot of them I would not be able to tell if I were not doing this anonymously.  That has been, it seems, the problem in the past.  I have always been blogging under my name, or at the very least a user name that my friends and family are familiar with.  It is not that I am particularly ashamed of the stories or feelings that I have, but I don't want anyone to get hurt.  "The names and faces have been changed to protect that innocent...." and all that jazz. 

So, will this time around be the charm?  Will I be able to write about things that I have experienced and keep a blog going?  Will readers even give a shit about what I write?  I have no clue.  If you are reading this, I must be up front.  I cuss, a lot.  There are probably things that you are going to read that will offend you.  I will have stories about my family, friends, the past, the present, and hopes for the future.  I will probably jump around a lot and be kind of confusing, but that is the way my brain works.  I am also long winded.  After all of that, I hope you will keep reading!

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment